Posted on Jun 25, 2020, 1 p.m.
A4M is excited to present to you the first ever BHRT Symposium delivered fully online! Centered upon all things new within the practice of BHRT, this brand new virtual symposium offers you the opportunity to develop or expand your expertise in advanced hormone health without leaving your home!
A brand new Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Symposium is being held September 11-13, 2020. This event is a virtual educational experience that offers a new easy to navigate and interactive virtual format; new clinical program agenda; new faculty; and new research, clinical updates, and resources.
This symposium is expected to be one of our most widely attended events, join us and listen to experts such as Myles Spar, MD, MPH and Sara Gottfried MD analyze the medical evidence surrounding hormone therapies, while learning from actively practicing instructors & specialty lecturers. At the conference, sessions will allow participants to gain the information needed to safely and effectively merge hormone therapies into practice. While the traditional medical view of aging focuses on its inevitable complications and steady decline in quality of life, this therapy functions as a means of relieving—and even preventing—many symptoms. Lectures will specifically focus on allowing participants to integrate and implement hormone protocols into practice upon return to the office Monday morning.
- Assess laboratory tests including: serum, blood, saliva, and urine; pros and cons of each testing modality will be discussed
- Learn the neurobiology overview of male sexual response
- Identify the main causes of erectile dysfunction
- Identify the common thread between cardio- vascular function and erectile dysfunction
- Discuss the importance of nitric oxide in sexual function
- Identify herbal, pharmacologic and mechanical interventions for treatment
- Clinical scenarios will be presented reflecting common hormone imbalances in female BHRT
- Diagnostic tools including clinical presentation and lab values will be utilized
- Identify the symptoms of testosterone deficiency in men and women
- Learn the effects of testosterone replacement therapy on sexual, cognitive, cardiovascular and inflammatory function
- Describe the relationship of testosterone to prostate disease
- Review the pathophysiology of hypothyroidism
- List some common misconceptions associated with thyroid disease and the scientific literature that supports new management
- Review the physiology of the menstrual cycle in women
- Identify the signs and symptoms of estrogen and progesterone deficiency
- Explore treatment options both in perimenopause and menopausal women
- Discuss the pathophysiology of Vitamin D
- Identify the implications of vitamin D deficiency
- Discuss how to supplement Vitamin D
- Describe the physiology of melatonin and discuss treatment options using melatonin
- Identify the pleiotropic effects of melatonin in multiple system e.g.: cardiovascular, immune, cancer connection
- Identify common bioidentical hormones compounded by pharmacies
- Recognition and treatment of harmful free radicals to provide a host of anti aging hair, skin and nail beneficial effects
- Discuss current Literature regarding causes of HPA axis dysfunction
- Discuss implement treatment protocols for treatment of HPA axis dysfunction
- Review medical based evidence for indications and uses of growth hormone